Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Zach and Tony were beyond amazing at their job! They are very professional and get the job done right and in a timely manner! They have made this moving experience so easy with no stress!"
N.S., June 2015
- “The packing leader and the driver were a pleasure to work with. They were very helpful and respectful. They accommodated us on every request. Moving is not an easy experience for anyone involved. Their cooperation made the experience the best it could be."
D.M., June 2015
- “This crew loaded and unloaded my belongings and they could not have done a better job. They were very considerate in manner with my belongings and my house. They took the time to load things correctly so that nothing was damaged upon delivery. I highly recommend Zack, Tony and Kris, they provide OUTSTANDING service!"
K.C., July 2015
- “The Packing Services were GREAT! Those guys moved very efficiently and marked and packaged things so they were easily placed in the correct rooms at our destination. This was a great group of guys and I'd easily want them on my next move!"
C.P., August 2015
- “I have moved a few times in the past and this was one of my best moves. From the coordinator, driver, crews and the third party who handled the washer and dryer, they were all good. The driver was Phillip and him and his wife worked very well with us and should be commended. You could not have selected a better team to represent your company. Thank you!"
R.B., August 2015